| Years ||Member||Colleague||Non-Member|
For multiple-year orders, enter the number of years in the Quantity box.
Use this order form for mail or fax orders.
PayState Update is the only biweekly eNewsletter dedicated exclusively to state and local payroll compliance news and issues. Sold in one-year increments, this publication includes in-depth articles and analyses, comparative charts, state-by-state information, Q&A feature, and topical indexes. If you process payroll in more than one state, this newsletter is indispensable. The eNewsletter is accessed through an online virtual platform, the APA Bookshelf.
View the Bookshelf Tutorial and FAQs.
Recent Topics Included:
• Impact of federal tax reform on state withholding tables, employee withholding allowance certificates, benefits, and IRC conformity
• Paid family leave contributions to begin in the District of Columbia, Massachusetts, and Washington
• Minimum wage increases in Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New Mexico, and several localities
• Tip reporting changes in the District of Columbia and Maryland
• Mandatory state auto-enrollment retirement programs - updates and new proposals
• Predictive scheduling requirements to begin in Philadelphia in 2020
• New federal white collar exemption proposal and effect on states
An Internet connection is required. Broadband cable, high-speed DSL, fiber-optic, or other equivalent is recommended.
• Apple: iPad®, iOS® 4.3
• Android: Desktop experience functions best in Firefox for Android (free download via the Google Play store)
The reading experience is compatible with all HTML-based browsers. In this capacity, APA's Guide to State Payroll Laws is compatible with Chromebooks and other tablets with HTML browsers.
Screen Resolution: Screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher is recommended for best experience.