PayState Update is the only biweekly eNewsletter dedicated exclusively to state and local payroll compliance news and issues. Sold in one-year increments, this publication includes in-depth articles and analyses, comparative charts, state-by-state information, a Q&A feature, and topical indexes. If you process payroll in more than one state, this newsletter is indispensable. The eNewsletter is accessed through an online virtual platform, the APA Bookshelf.
Recent Topics Included:
- COVID-19-related guidance on:
- State paid sick leave, paid family leave, and state disability insurance requirements and exceptions
- New emergency supplemental paid leave requirements
- Telecommuting, nexus, and temporary exceptions
- State unemployment insurance contribution deadline extensions
- State withholding tax deadline extensions
- State and court updates on tax levies and creditor garnishments
- New state employee withholding certificates in response to the 2020 federal Form W-4
- 2020 state white collar exemption thresholds
- Eugene, Oregon, payroll tax delayed until 2021
Select auto-renewal when checking out so your subscription will be conveniently renewed at the end of your term.
Use this order form for mail or fax orders.
Need more details to help you decide?
• Sign up for APA's 30-day free trial of the Payroll Source Plus!
• View the Bookshelf Tutorial and FAQs.
• Annual 1-year subscription
An Internet connection is required. Broadband cable, high-speed DSL, fiber-optic, or other equivalent is recommended.
• Apple: iPad®, iOS® 4.3
• Android: Desktop experience functions best in Firefox for Android (free download via the Google Play store)
The reading experience is compatible with all HTML-based browsers. In this capacity, APA's Guide to State Payroll Laws is compatible with Chromebooks and other tablets with HTML browsers.
Screen Resolution: Screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher is recommended for best experience.
Please read our policies for transfers, substitutions, cancellations, and refunds.