The Global Payroll Response to COVID-19
Available Until:31 Mar 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented businesses throughout the world with the biggest business continuity challenge that we are likely to face in our working careers. Governments have responded quickly to the crisis and have introduced a number of measures that directly impact payroll processing. New reporting systems, rapid changes to longstanding administration arrangements, and generous government support for payroll costs mean that payroll processors must play a key role in navigating their employers through this unprecedented upheaval. Getting these changes implemented smoothly and promptly in your business will make all the difference to how well your organisation emerges from the crisis.
This webinar is aimed at those with multi-country payroll responsibilities. It will summarise key changes over a number of different countries, including Australia, China, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, and the United Kingdom, but will also cover some general principles that may be applied across the board.
During this webinar, you will learn about:
- Easements on sick pay rules and extensions on those who qualify as sick to include workers in quarantine
- Government funding to pay a portion of wages for businesses moving to short time working or that have to temporarily close
- Extensions of time to pay payroll taxes to help cash flow
- Unexpected consequences of extended work from home arrangements (meal vouchers, tax free travel to work allowances, etc.)
- Changes to pay rules for those still at work (relaxation of working time controls, overtime premiums)
Earn 1.5 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs) or 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) when attending this webinar.