APA’s Guide to Federal and State Garnishment Laws gives you the information you need to confidently process federal and state wage withholding orders, including child support withholding orders, federal tax levies, student loan garnishments, federal and state agency debt collections, and bankruptcy orders, while also complying with federal and state laws restricting certain deductions. This text also features easy-to-read charts covering state-specific requirements for child support withholding orders, creditor garnishments (e.g., income executions, wage attachments), tax levies, student loan garnishments, and voluntary wage assignments.
• Federal and state tax levies
• Child support withholding orders
• Creditor garnishments
• Student loan garnishments
• Voluntary wage withholding orders
• Bankruptcy orders
Use this order form for mail or fax orders.
Need more details to help you decide?
• View the Bookshelf Tutorial and FAQs.
• Table of Contents
Electronic, on the APA Bookshelf
Downloadable PDF file
(available until 2022 edition is published in April, 2022)
Also available as a softcover book
An Internet connection is required. Broadband cable, high-speed DSL, fiber-optic, cellular data, or other equivalent is recommended.
• Apple: For the iPad® and iPhone®, use a browser supported by the Apple iOS running on those devices (all of the above).
• Android: Desktop experience functions best in Firefox for Android (free download via the Google Play store)
The reading experience is compatible with all HTML-based browsers. In this capacity, Payroll Source Plus and The Payroll Source® Online are compatible with Chromebooks and other tablets with HTML browsers.
Screen Resolution: Screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher is recommended for best experience.
Please read our policies for transfers, substitutions, cancellations, and refunds.