The Inn at Penn
September 14-16, 2020
This conference presents next-generation training through four transformational Certificate Programs. Ideal for payroll professionals in a management role and want to increase their leadership skills, or professionals who aspire to be leaders within their organization.
2019 Conference Brochure
Program Descriptions and Objectives
Individual programs have not yet been selected for Payroll Leaders Conference 2020. Following are the 2019 programs:
1. Payroll OMG - Optimization, Management, & Growth
Payroll OMG can help you reduce expenses by looking at all processes and how departments are connected. Payroll OMG will help professionals at every level in every department understand that if the paycheck were a product line, it would rank as one of the largest products at most organizations. Learn how to produce a perfect paycheck, reduce cost, eliminate waste, and create a highly effective workforce.
This interactive certificate program will help you review your business processes, identify methods to empower your team, help other departments understand their responsibility in eliminating wasteful tasks, as well as help you become a dynamic leader.
• Identify Lean Tools that would help support Lean project
• Discuss lean labor history, methodology and benefits
• Highlight business processes and key concepts in process improvement
• Demonstrate the value of the Payroll Department to other departments and how it affects the organization's bottom line
2. Managing Vendor Partnerships
Encourage long-term partnerships with your vendors using the knowledge learned from in-depth discussions on building the proper team, relationship management, contract negotiations, vendor scorecards, service level agreements, advisory boards and much more!
• Identify the goals of the relationship between the vendor and the organization
• Determine Key Performance Indicators and the components required in a service-level agreement
• Exploring customizations and enhancements of a vendor's product
• Understand the requirements and contingences of implementation
• Establish ongoing management reports and support structure post implementation
3. Advanced Payroll Concepts
The Advanced Payroll Concepts certificate program teaches ways to increase your ROI with advanced payroll training while ensuring your ability to prepare Forms W-2c and 941-X. It also includes the white collar exemption rules, complex benefits issues, an expatriate taxation overview, unemployment insurance, payroll systems, payroll auditing, and leadership concepts.
• FLSA employee classification and minimum weekly salary
• Fringe benefit taxation and reporting requirements
• Family and Medical Leave Act time-off management from the payroll perspective
• Affordable Care Act reporting requirements
4. Advanced Global Payroll Management Certificate Program
This certificate program will dive deep into the comprehensive approach to the global payroll delivery model, the role culture plays, and the development of global teams and career opportunities. This program will give you, the global payroll leader, the tools and skills to construct a world-class global payroll organization.
• Formulate a global strategy and governance model that will drive standardized processes.
• Build a framework that will support controls and ensure compliance across the globe.
• Develop and nurture a diverse remote global payroll team.
• Establish a business partnership where global payroll supports the company business objectives.
Earn up to 15 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs), 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), or 15 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits when attending this course. No prerequisites or advance preparation required. See individual programs for CPE Fields of Study.
Please read our policies regarding registration, transfers, substitutions, cancellations, refunds, travel arrangements, and consent to use your photograph and contact information.