Learn the federal and state information needed to ensure compliance and reduce expenses during a merger or acquisition, as well as determine when to carry forward social security, FUTA, and SUTA wages to the acquiring company.
- Determine when to carry forward social security, FUTA, and SUTA wages to the acquiring company
- Prepare to complete Schedule D (Form 941) when reporting wage and tax discrepancies caused by the transaction
- Discover how to limit your company's liability through effective due diligence
- Identify the different types of transactions from the payroll perspective
View the course outline >
Register Online Print Registration Form
Who Should Attend
Payroll, human resources, benefits, accounting, and tax professionals who are facing a merger or acquisition, or who want to become more proactive in their organization.
• One-day Interactive Virtual Session
• Three-session Virtual Classroom
Classroom opens: 8:15 a.m.
Class: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Interactive Virtual course uses Zoom. There will be morning and afternoon breaks and a lunch break.
Schedule: 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
Duration: Two hours with a five-minute break
Number of Class Sessions: Three
The virtual classroom uses an online training center. The course is presented in segments which cannot be purchased separately.
Earn 6 Recertification Credit Hours (RCH) .6 Continuing Education Units (CEU) or 6 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based. Program Level: Overview. No prerequisites or advance preparation required. Fields of Study: Taxes=4, Business Law=2
Event Policies and Health and Safety Procedures
Please read our Event Policies regarding registration, transfers, substitutions, cancellations, refunds, travel arrangements, and consent to use your photograph and contact information, and our Health and Safety Policies (note: as of January 2023, APA no longer requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test for entry to in-person events).
Please be sure to verify your session before purchasing.
A $55 administrative fee will be assessed for each transfer/substitution.