This course provides a detailed overview of both federal and state garnishment laws and their impact on the payroll process. Learn which order has priority when multiple orders are received, how to handle out-of-state orders, how to calculate the amount to withhold from the employee's pay, and much more.
View the 2022 course brochure
Register Online Print Order Form
Individual Webinar Segments
Course outline >
- Calculate required deductions accurately for child support, creditor garnishments, and other involuntary deductions, including multiple orders
- Suspend and restart withholding per COVID-19-related requirements
- Apply conflicting federal and state regulations to ensure compliance
- Understand employer responsibilities and liabilities
Who Should Attend
Those in payroll, human resources, accounting, and information systems who are involved in administering tax levies, creditor garnishments, and child support orders.
- One-day Interactive Virtual session
- Four-part live webinar series
- Four-part webinar on demand series
Classroom opens: 8:15 a.m.
Class: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Webinars begin at 1:00 p.m. ET and are 90 minutes long unless otherwise noted on the event description.
Webinar On Demand
Webinars on demand are available at your convenience, 24/7.
Earn up to 6 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs), 0.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), or 7 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based. Program Level: Overview. No prerequisites or advance preparation required. Field of Study: Business Law=7
CPE hours are not available for webinars on demand.
Event Policies and Health and Safety Procedures
Please read our Event Policies regarding registration, transfers, substitutions, cancellations, refunds, travel arrangements, and consent to use your photograph and contact information, and our Health and Safety Policies (note: as of January 2023, APA no longer requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test for entry to in-person events).
Please be sure to verify your session before purchasing.
A $55 administrative fee will be assessed for each transfer/substitution.