This course provides a detailed overview of both federal and state garnishment laws and their impact on the payroll process. Learn which order has priority when multiple orders are received, how to handle out-of-state orders, how to calculate the amount to withhold from the employee's pay, and much more.
View the 2021 course brochure
Register Online Print Order Form
• Calculate the required deductions accurately for child support, tax levies, garnishments, and other involuntary deductions, including multiple orders
• Comply with conflicting federal and state requirements
• Understand employer responsibilities, liabilities, and rights
• Comply with wage assignments and FLSA deduction restrictions
Course outline >
Who Should Attend
Those in payroll, human resources, accounting, and information systems who are involved in administering tax levies, creditor garnishments, and child support orders.
• One-day In Person class
• One-day Interactive Virtual session
• Four-part live webinar series
• Four-part webinar on demand series
8:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Classroom opens: 8:15 a.m.
Class: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Webinars begin at 1:00 p.m. ET and are 90 minutes long unless otherwise noted on the event description.
Webinar On Demand
Webinars on demand are available at your convenience, 24/7.
Earn up to 6 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs), 0.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), or 6 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. No prerequisites or advance preparation required.
Fields of Study: Business Law = 6.0 CPE hours are not available for webinars on demand.
Please read our policies regarding registration, transfers, substitutions, cancellations, refunds, travel arrangements, and consent to use your photograph and contact information.
Please be sure to verify your class session before purchasing.
A $55 administrative fee will be assessed for each transfer/substitution, including changes from live to on demand sessions.