Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Boot Camp: Virtual Classroom
The APA's Certified Payroll Professional Boot Camp will give you the confidence and detailed knowledge to pass the CPP exam.
This comprehensive 20-session, virtual course will provide you the tools and resources to effectively study the material, practice and apply your learning, and confidently pass the exam.*
*CPP exam fees are priced separately from the CPP Boot Camp fees. Candidates should not consider the CPP Boot Camp as the only method of preparation for the CPP exam.
Register Online | Print Order Form
• High-level calculations to ensure payroll accuracy
• Complex laws and regulations
• Complicated issues such as benefits, third-party sick pay, and involuntary deductions
• Federal taxation, withholding, and reporting
Who Should Attend
Payroll professionals who have mastered the fundamentals of payroll administration and wish to improve job performance as well as those preparing for the CPP exam.
Build a solid business case for attending this course with the Justification to Attend Training template.
(Right click to download and save.)
Of course, no single resource should be your basis of study, so here's what's included to help ensure you pass the CPP exam:
• An expert "tried and true" APA instructor leading you through the content outline of the CPP exam and providing solid answers to your questions.
• Pre- and post-class Knowledge Assessments to determine areas of improvement and provide additional study resources.
• A year of access to PayTrain® – APA's Online Learning System. You'll have unlimited time to practice and study at your own pace – all while having fun with the educational online games.
• On Demand sessions available for you to review even after the LIVE sessions are over!
• Certificate of Completion
Your log in information to access the Knowledge Assessments is provided in your confirmation email. Your PayTrain® log in is provided by the APA instructor.
Our "Pass the First Time" Guarantee
We stand by our ability to prepare professionals for the CPP exam. Participants must take the CPP exam in the exam window immediately following the Certified Payroll Professional Boot Camp virtual preparation course sessions. If, after taking the course, you are not successful in passing the exam, you can re-take the course the next time it's offered -- for free. (Review the guarantee conditions for details.)
Boot Camp FAQ | Certification FAQ
- 20-session virtual class; each class is 2 hours with a 5-minute break
Earn up to 40 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs)**, 4.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), or 40 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours for first-time users. Previous users earn 20 RCHs.
No prerequisites or advance preparation required.
Fields of Study: Taxes = 22.5, Business Law = 8.0, Business Management & Organization = 6.0, Accounting = 3.5
**After earning the CPP designation and completing the post-test with 80% or better.
Please read our policies regarding registration, transfers, substitutions, cancellations, refunds, travel arrangements, and consent to use your photograph and contact information.
Please be sure to verify your session before purchasing.
A $45 administrative fee will be assessed for each transfer/substitution.