Statutory payments in the U.K. are a common area of confusion for payroll staff. Legislation for Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP), Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP), Statutory Adoption Pay (SAP), Statutory Shared Parental Pay (ShPP), and Statutory Parental Bereavement Pay (SPBP) is frequently changing, and although Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) has remained largely unchanged for the last 20 years, misunderstandings between statutory and occupational entitlement are common.
This training concentrates on the complex rules of SMP, SPP, SAP, SSP, ShPP, SPBP, and associated leave, and contains all recent legislative changes. Clear explanations are given on qualification, entitlement, and calculation of the above statutory payments and leave. Comprehensive documentation is provided, including current statutory payments tables.
• Statutory obligations
• Statutory entitlement and qualification criteria
• Exclusions and ceasing entitlement
• Calculating payments
• Record keeping and statutory forms
• Revenue audit processes and penalties for noncompliance
• Recovery procedures and offsetting
• Resolving disagreements on entitlement
Earn 7.0 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs), 0.70 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). This program does not qualify for CPE credit.