Payroll professionals are expected to make sure a lot of tasks and duties are done correctly. Unfortunately, when things go wrong, there can be serious legal consequences. What happens if you, or someone working with you, makes a mistake affecting your company's payroll? What if an employee claims you made a mistake with their pay, but you don't think that you did? At some point in your payroll career, you may need to obtain legal guidance to help you and your company make any mistakes right.
By attending this webinar, you will learn from two experienced payroll lawyers:
• The most common payroll-related mistakes that companies make
• How to fix these mistakes if you've made one of them
• How to properly communicate to employees that a mistake has been made (without making the mistake
• How to avoid a payroll-related lawsuit and what to do if your company has been named in one
• How "an ounce of payroll prevention is worth a pound of payroll cure."
Daniel Messeloff, Esq., and Melissa Kelly, Esq., are attorneys with the law firm of Tucker Ellis LLP, based in Cleveland, Ohio. They assist payroll professionals and other executives with helping their companies comply with payroll laws. They can be reached at [email protected] and [email protected].
Earn 1.0 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs) or 0.10 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) when attending this webinar.