Payroll Issues for Multi-State Employers – Special Edition Covering COVID-19
This live interactive course provides the information necessary to maintain compliance in every state in which you pay employees. Learn how the states are impacted by the federal tax reform law, including which version of the IRC the state follows. It covers state income tax withholding issues, creditor garnishment withholding orders, residency determinations, fringe benefits issues, and much more.
Additional State payroll compliance developments related to COVID-19, including:
• State and local changes to and guidance on paid sick/family leave, including new emergency paid leave requirements
• State and local predictive scheduling/reporting time requirements and exceptions
• State withholding and nexus issues created by employees' remote work arrangements
• Unemployment insurance requirements, including due date extensions for reporting and contribution payments
• State garnishment suspensions during the public health emergency
• Plus a review of the course topics from the standard course
This course is held in an interactive Zoom classroom with live instruction. The course will be presented in segments which cannot be purchased separately.
This course will not be available on demand.
Interactive Virtual Classroom
Days: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 7/27,7/29,7/31
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. ET
Duration: Two hours with a five-minute break
Number of Class Sessions: Three
Earn up to 6 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs), 0.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), or 7 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours. No prerequisites or advance preparation required. Fields of Study: Taxes = 4.0 and Business Law = 3.0