This 2-part on-demand video will address significant changes to Form W-4 and will provide answers to your questions. The class is taught by Michael O'Toole, Esq., In House Counsel and Government Relations/Editorial Advisor for the American Payroll Association and original author of The Payroll Source®.
This on-demand video is available for unlimited viewing, with a FAQ document to be emailed at a later date.
Part 1: The Final 2020 Form W-4 Is Here. No Allowances, No Problem.
(90 minutes, available 12/12)
The IRS has substantially revised the 2020 Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Certificate. It may be completed by an employee in five steps, and none of them involve allowances. Will your employees know what to do? Do they know how to use the IRS's Tax Withholding Estimator? Do you know what to do if a new hire fails to complete a 2020 Form W-4 or wants to claim exempt from withholding?
This on-demand video examines the 2020 Form W-4 and instructions, along with the details you need to guide your payroll team and employees.
During this on-demand video, you will learn:
- How the 2020 form is different from previous forms
- Whether all employees need to submit 2020 Forms W-4
- How the IRS's Tax Withholding Estimator can help your employees
- Ways to best communicate the changes to your employees
- How to get payroll and HR ready to onboard new employees
Part 2: What Is Publication 15-T and How Do I Use It?
(90 minutes, available 12/19)
The newest IRS guide for payroll professionals is Publication 15-T, Federal Income Tax Withholding Methods. It contains the wage-bracket and percentage method withholding tables, as well as new, detailed withholding procedures showing how to use information from Form W-4. All payroll professionals - even those who use a payroll service provider - must understand how to use the tables and apply them to their actual payrolls.
This on-demand video provides you with clear examples of how to calculate withholding for employees with a Form W-4 from 2019 or earlier or a new 2020 Form W-4.
During this on-demand video you will learn:
- What is important for payroll professionals in IRS's Publication 15-T
- How old and new Forms W-4 and Publication 15-T work together
- How to make sure your payroll system is compliant with the new rules
- Real life examples showing how to calculate employee withholding
- Guidance you can share with your payroll department
Earn 1.5 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs) or 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) when attending each part of this webinar.