This 2-part webinar will address significant changes to Form W-4 and will provide answers to your questions, and includes the on-demand video for unlimited viewing. The class is taught by Michael O'Toole, Esq., In House Counsel and Government Relations/Editorial Advisor for the American Payroll Association and original author of The Payroll Source®.
Have your questions answered! Email your questions to [email protected] no later than December 13 and APA experts will answer as many as we can during the webinars. Questions not covered during the webinar will be answered by APA in an FAQ document emailed after the webinar.
Thursday, 12/12/19, 1:00-2:30 p.m. ET (90 minutes)
Part 1: The Final 2020 Form W-4 Is Here. No Allowances, No Problem.
The IRS has substantially revised the 2020 Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Certificate. It may be completed by an employee in five steps, and none of them involve allowances. Will your employees know what to do? Do they know how to use the IRS's Tax Withholding Estimator? Do you know what to do if a new hire fails to complete a 2020 Form W-4 or wants to claim exempt from withholding?
This webinar examines the 2020 Form W-4 and instructions, along with the details you need to guide your payroll team and employees.
During this webinar, you will learn:
- How the 2020 form is different from previous forms
- Whether all employees need to submit 2020 Forms W-4
- How the IRS's Tax Withholding Estimator can help your employees
- Ways to best communicate the changes to your employees
- How to get payroll and HR ready to onboard new employees
Thursday, 12/19/19, 1:00-2:30 p.m. ET (90 minutes)
Part 2: What Is Publication 15-T and How Do I Use It?
The newest IRS guide for payroll professionals is Publication 15-T, Federal Income Tax Withholding Methods. It contains the wage-bracket and percentage method withholding tables, as well as new, detailed withholding procedures showing how to use information from Form W-4. All payroll professionals - even those who use a payroll service provider - must understand how to use the tables and apply them to their actual payrolls.
This webinar provides you with clear examples of how to calculate withholding for employees with a Form W-4 from 2019 or earlier or a new 2020 Form W-4.
During this webinar you will learn:
- What is important for payroll professionals in IRS's Publication 15-T
- How old and new Forms W-4 and Publication 15-T work together
- How to make sure your payroll system is compliant with the new rules
- Real life examples showing how to calculate employee withholding
- Guidance you can share with your payroll department
Earn 1.5 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs), 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), or 1.5 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits when attending each part of this webinar. Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based, Field of Study: Taxes. No advanced preparation or prerequisites required, Program Level: Overview