Do you get confused when a new/revised Form W-4 arrives in Payroll? What is your responsibility to ensure the form is valid? When should we reject an employee's Form W-4? The Form W-4 is one of the most basic forms in payroll, yet it can also cause distressing problems for payroll professionals. By attending this webinar, you will learn:
- What is the purpose of the Form W-4
- When must a Form W-4 be submitted to the employer and what does it tell the employer
- How long should the forms be kept, and when should an employer reject a Form W-4
- When must an employer submit a form to the IRS and what about electronic Forms W-4?
- Find out the rules for nonresident aliens
- Understand what forms are required for state income tax withholding
Earn 1.5 Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs), 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), or 1.5 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits when attending this webinar. Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based, Field of Study: Taxes. No advanced preparation or prerequisites required. Program Level: Overview